Job Title: Southeast Region Sales Manager
Department: Sales-Base Florida
Reports to: EVP Sales
Sales representative will work to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling iSatori Branded products. Outside Sales representatives will personally contact and secure new business and customers and work to grow overall sales within assigned territory.
Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based sales approach services in a specified region or major geographical area using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence prospects and customers, and assists them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
Conducts training, demonstrations/sampling events to existing and potential customers which includes product information, sales techniques, building customer relationships, overcoming objectives, incentive programs, product placement and the features and benefits of iSatori products and enhance brand awareness and generate sales. In addition, this position is responsible for training employees of GNC Corporate, Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World and Independent Retail locations on how to sell iSatori Branded products.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prospects new customers and maintains regular contact with existing customers via phone and in-person visits (40% of time)
- Participates in determining market strategies & goals.
- Establishes and maintains lists of prospects that lead to sales.
- Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Follows up on sales leads and develops new leads.
- Develops sales and marketing proposals for customers.
- Makes presentations to prospects and existing customers.
- Responsible for setting up and hosting sampling events at health clubs in support of customers.
- Assists with the planning of sales exhibits, and sampling events.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Makes regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads.
- Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals.
2. Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs. (40% of time)
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other topics within industry.
- Manages new customer’s sales orientation and sales training programs as well as training for existing customers. Includes scheduling, staffing and travel arrangements.
- Works with clients to evaluate and identify improvement opportunities and provides immediate and direct feedback.
- Recommends and designs training materials and programs for implementation.
- Develops and implements regional business plans.
3. Prepare and participate in weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual review and planning process. Take accountability for delivering planned objectives. (15% of time)
4. Communicates and coordinates with the Marketing Department concerning the usage and issues relating to sales tools. (5% of time)
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers questions from resellers and
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all iSatori products and promotions
- Maintains a good knowledge of competitor’s products and promotions
Contact with Others
- Internal: Has daily contact with VP of Sales, Accounts Receivable and Product Management; weekly contact with CEO; as needed contact with other internal staff.
- External: Has daily contact with GNC Corporate stores, Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World and Independent Retail Locations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BA Degree or equivalent preferred
Experience and other qualifications
- 2-5 year’s successful sales experience required
- 2-5 year’s management experience, preferably within the specialty nutrition industry required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, competitive spirit, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Excellent formal presentation skills both in small and large groups.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strategic decision making and analytical skills related to customer needs.
- Sense of urgency in producing results.
- Solid understanding of training principles and methodology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point. Salesforce a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Equipment Used in this Position
- Desktop and laptop computer
- LCD projector
- smart phone (not provided)
- fax machine
- copy machine
- all provided unless otherwise indicated
Physical Activities and Work Environment
Must be able to see, hear, speak, finger, grasp, walk, stand, bend, and sit. Extensive travel time of 70-75% with Saturday and overnight travel required. Travel will be by automobile or airplane. May be subjected to adverse weather (snow, rain, heat, cold) during travel periods. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com