The one crucial thing that you are missing in your workout is GOAL SETTING!
Working out without goals is like driving without a destination. Do you take measurements of body weight, body fat and your weight on a weekly basis? Do you maintain a journal of your workouts and your nutrition on a daily basis? If your answer is No, then I suggest you start doing this without any further delay as this would help you in assessing your progress and developing a plan that works for you.
How can you have a goal of losing or gaining if you don't know how much you weigh in the first place?
- Make a generic goal and a short- term goal to achieve the generic goal. The short -term goal should be time bound and measurable. An example of the generic goal would be I want to shred. An example of a specific goal that is time bound would be that I want to lose 4 kgs in 45 days.
- Before starting your journey take pictures from the front, back and side and make this into a habit. Do this on a weekly basis in the morning on an empty stomach. You would be surprised how easy it would be to visually track your progress or no -progress and make changes to your diet/ workout with these pictures.
- Take measurement and weigh in
- Make short term goals that are time bound.
- Make generic goals - long term goals
- Take pictures on a weekly basis to track progress.
- Make a list of what you need to complete your journey.
- Maintain a workout journal.
- Create a proper nutrition / supplementation plan specific to your goals and budget.
- Visualise your end goal in your head.
Start today and get the work done. Do something everyday that will help you get one step closer to your goals.
Serial Entrepreneur/ Devoted Husband/ Father of two wonderful kids/ Fitness Enthusiast (Has been working out since 1992)
For any questions feel free to write to him on firstname.lastname@example.org